The TTGA is committed to a comprehensive program for the development of the sport of golf in Trinidad and Tobago. The two main objectives of the program are:
- Expanding the game
- Improving the standard of play
Our Operations Plan
Our Operations Plan comprises a number of action plans designed to fulfill these objectives. These action plans include:
- Promoting the SNAG® (Starting New At Golf) program in schools and communities throughout Trinidad and Tobago
- A Learn to Play program in secondary schools throughout Trinidad and Tobago
- The Introduction of primary and secondary schools golf tournaments throughout Trinidad and Tobago
- Assisting member clubs to increase their memberships through introduction to golf programs
- Introduction of programs designed to strengthen the involvement and participation of women and girls in golf
- Establishment of a Corporate Social Responsibility program for the inclusion of handicapped persons in the game of golf
- Exposure of elite performers to international ranking events
- Conducting rules seminars
- Facilitating the establishment and development of the Trinidad and Tobago Professional Golfers Association (TTPGA)
The TTGA acknowledges the support of the Sports Company of Trinidad and Tobago, without which these development programs would not be possible.
The TTGA seeks to promote and encourage the involvement of the business community, through their corporate social responsibility programs, to complement the support of the Sports Company in a three-way community development partnership.
SNAG® is a registered trademark of Player Development Products, LLC, 14843 Highway 10, Tahlequah, Oklahoma, USA. The TTGA is a licensed distributor of SNAG® Products in the Caribbean & certain countries in Latin America.